A Few Things That I'm Thankful For
Day Day No. 19 of the 2015 Ten Ideas A Day Challenge.
Brandi did this list yesterday. But I didn't want to copy her. Well, I did, but today. I think this is a list I'd like to do over and over again, to practice a Philippians 4 attitude of thankfulness. Here are just a few things, for now:
- I am thankful for Brandi. She keeps me sane and drives me insane at the same time. She's the greatest gift the Lord has given me and I'm so thankful he introduced us to one another. He said that the man who finds a wife finds a good thing, and he wasn't lying.
- I am thankful for our home. I can't even believe we have one.
- I'm thankful for my church. We've gone through the wringer if ever there was a wringer to go through. (I must admit here that I don't know what a wringer is.) I love these people. I love our pastors. I love our community group. I love our friends. I love our students in the youth ministry. I love the church globally, locally.
- I'm thankful for beer. It's so good. Well, good beer is good.
- I'm thankful for the cross. What an insane thing to think that the Jesus of heaven entered time and space and was crushed to the Father's pleasure there, on our behalf. I guess that's why people think that we are insane. But "it is finished" - such beautiful truth.
- I'm thankful for coffee. I've loved my snob journey, and I'm so thankful for the people who have helped me along the beginning stages of my way. Multiple people have sent Brandi and me different kinds of coffee from around the country to try, and it's been a blast experimenting with them. I'm still not very good, but whatever.
- I am thankful for sex. God seriously thinks up the best things.
- I am thankful to be able to do something that I love. Not something that's easy. I guess I can think of a lot of things that would be easier. But I'm thankful that the Lord has given me the opportunity to share art that I love with others in a way that (I hope) builds up, edifies, encourages, sympathizes, etc.
- I am thankful for the people who make it possible to eat / be alive / fix pipes / feed my wife. I've always thought it amazing / humbling to think that real people use real money to help feed the mouth of this idiot (or maybe you do it for my wife? - haha). But for some reason, God uses weak and foolish things in this world, and I'm definitely both of those things. This last year - especially with the Kickstarter support and kindness offered through that campaign - was one of the most humbling experiences I've ever had, and I'll never have the right words to express the gratitude I have toward the folk who have believed in us / in Christ through us.
- I am thankful for my family. My mom and sister are two of the strongest women I know. I'm thankful for Brandi's family, too. The Garcias. I love being around them and am thankful that they invited me into their home with open arms.
- I guess I'm thankful for Gilbert, our cat.
- I really loved my dog, too.