Ten Things That I've Been Relearning
I feel like the Lord has had a lot of grace on me lately. I mean, he always has a lot of grace on me, I suppose, but I have felt things inside of my heart changing, and I don't even necessarily know what that means, but I want to be open to it. I've got a lot I could say about why that would even be an issue, but that's another post for another time. For now:
- God loves me. There have been multiple times over the past year when I'm sitting inside of my own panic attack and the only comforting words I can hear are "I love you."
- Mission makes even the menial and mundane purposeful and worthwhile.
- Satan is a liar, but rarely a loud one. His subtleties are mischievous and deadly, and oftentimes you can't recognize them until you don't have a clue how you got to where you are, let alone where you're going.
- To ignore repentance is to dig back into a grave that Jesus covered, and living in the light is clarity.
- Covetousness will completely strip the joy from your life.
- Envy will be the end of your appreciation for anything.
- The truth can be true even when it feels as though there is no emotion attached to it, and emotionalism was never the equivalent of "faith" anyway. And still, there is true joy in who Christ is.
- Hope is as much of a gift as anything.
- Community is more than a concept.
- Jesus is relentless. He forgives. He enables forgiveness in me. Forgiveness is a miracle. He has not stopped loving me when I have not loved him. He has not neglected me when I have neglected him. He will not.
Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!